Scanning 2D/QR Codes into a form (1 Viewer)

mikebrewer

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:09
Hi all,

I've been googling for this solution but to no avail at this point. I have a bunch of Windows tablets and some applications using MS Access. All of these tablets have cameras so I am looking to see if anyone has integrated a camera to scan QR or 2D or even regular bar codes into the database without having to use an external scanner of sorts.

thanks!!

Ranman256

Local time
I save image to a folder,then save the path of the image in the table.
It doesn't fill the db as fast as storing images in the table.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:09
Several free solutions:
1. If you want to use existing QR codes/ barcodes, get a free QR/barcode scanner app from Windows store or for your phone. Save the san as an image file.
Use that in your database as you would any other image. Ideally by saving itsd file path in your database and using that as the source for an image control

2. Download a free barcode font. This will allow you to generate barcodes for any text which you can use in your report/form

3. Use a QR code generator such as this one from sample databases
https://access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=299675
There's another similar one by arnelgp referenced in that thread

HTH

mikebrewer

Registered User.
Local time
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies. I probably should've clarified but I'm looking to be able to read the data from the barcode/qr code into the database. I have a few different uses but one of them is to scan the barcode of an inventory item and read the part #. another is to scan a qr code that will be on a piece of equipment and get the QR information into a table. I don't necessarily want to create the bar/qr codes.

thanks!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 19:09
OK - ignore 2 & 3 in my previous post.
Just obtain a free utility to do the scan as previously suggested

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom