Use Outlook to delete Record (1 Viewer)

MackMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:01
Hi all. I was thinking... I'm currently using Access to delete related records in the outlook calendar, relevant to data I no longer need to keep in both.

I was wondering if I could also create something in outlook and use it to delete a record on delete of the calendar item. I do have a ID No that's equal in both but is hidden in the Outlook calendar event in an unused field.

I ask this as naturally there are discrepancies where a user deletes the Outlook calendar event and not access.

I've tried a search online, and beginning to think it's not possible.
As always, many thanks for your advice..

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 11:01
You should be able to. Are you familiar with writing code in VBA in outlook? Or are you trying to write a process in ACCESS that will, periodically, hit up outlook to see if something is no longer there?

MackMan

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:01
Ideally something in VBA that'll do it on the fly... up to now I never knew Outlook also had VBA. I'll take a look into it.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 14:01
When you have an Outlook problem, there is only one place you need to look:

https://www.slipstick.com/about-slipstick-systems/

Diane Poremsky is without a doubt the Outlook Heavy Weight Champion of the World. The site has a plethora of code examples that does very similar things that you are trying to achieve.

She will even do a one-on-one meeting (mine was over the phone) for a fee. Money well spent IMHO...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom