Subreport prints a page for each record (1 Viewer)

Laser1962

Local time
Yesterday, 21:45
I have a 2-page report that includes a sub report that may have as many as 50 entries (records). The problem I am having is that the report wants to print 1 copy for each of the records in the sub-report. I can solve that by using the vba command "DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection, 1, 1" and it only prints 1 time. This issue is that if I have more than one page of records in the subreport, it won't print the send page of the main report. Looking for some answers. I have some experience with VBA, but would still consider myself a novice.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 05:45
Check the setting for the grouping / sections properties under "Force New Page" , you shouldn't have an entry in there hopefully.

Laser1962

Local time
There is no force new page on the subreport

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
WHat about the sub report container object, rather than the report itself ?

Laser1962

Local time
The container, which i assume you are referring to the form in which the records are entered is a subform set to continuous forms. No forcing of a new page

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Not quite. On the main report the sub report is held in a sub report object.
That has its own properties in addition to the actual sub report itself.

Laser1962

Local time
No there is no force new page on the main report form. I apologize this is a single not a 2-page report. There is data above and below the subreport. If there are more than 26 records in the subreport, the data at the bottom of the page wont be printed using the vba code i mentioned before.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
You would need to move that data into the page footer to force it to print on every page.
Without seeing what you have and what you expect it's a little difficult to visualize.

If you could post up a sample picture or preferably a sample database that would assist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom