SendObject Report via acFormatPDF anomaly. (1 Viewer)

fluid

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:08
Hi,

I have a split database where many users use a local copy of the front-end. MS Access 2016. All users using the system are using Citrix virtual desktops on a corporate network.

One of my users is experiencing a problem when emailing a report as a PDF in Outlook. Except for this one user, emailing the report works fine for me and everyone else.

I use VBA to open the report, then the "SendObject" to send it with acFormatPDF selected.

The problem this one user is having is that the PDF appears to be too large for the page and it gets cut-off on the side and bottom.

I'm thinking that this must be something specific to his computer environment, but I don't know what. Does anybody out there know where Access gets its PDF settings from when using the acFormatPDF? Any other thoughts??

Thanks in advance for any help

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Try changing the default printer of the affected user to match what others use. Access renders the report with that.

fluid

Registered User.
Local time
Try changing the default printer of the affected user to match what others use. Access renders the report with that.

That suggestion worked. Thank-you.

Are you able to tell me why it worked? what mechanism does Office use to form its PDF's.? Obviously must have something to do with the printer??

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
I won't pretend to understand what happens behind the scenes. Access uses the default printer settings to render the report, which presumably is then used to create the PDF. I've had perfectly good 1 page reports that came out as 50 page reports with tiny bits on each page because the user's default printer was a label printer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom