Calendar control erroer loading events (1 Viewer)

andyeastes

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:19
Calendar control error loading events

Hello,

I have an activeX calendar.10 control on my form. It works fine on my computer but when I go to any other computer there are a few errors. First, it will not set to the default date of today. It sets to the date the calendar was added. I have deleted and re added the calendar and the day that is done is the date it will select when the database is added when the form is opened on any other computers than mine. Then when you switch to another day it gives two error messages back to back. "The expression beforeupdate you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: There was an error loading an activeX control on one of your forms or reports." This error then shows again with the same message except it is for the afterupdate event property. The weird thing about these messages is that I do not have any events or anything set up for those properties, before and after update. Also, after hitting OK for the error messages the calendar then does allow you to go to the day you want and use all functionalities that rely on selecting that date. The code to set the default date to today is in the OnOpen event of the form that the calendar is on. This is the only code on the form, or the calendar for that matter;

Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer)
DoCmd.Maximize
DoCmd.SetWarnings False
Me.[ActiveXCtl22].Value = Date
DoCmd.SetWarnings True
End Sub

Now, I am assuming the issue is something with missing references or registry errors. If I go to controlG, tools, references, all of the same ones are checked. None of them say MISSING. I have tried unchecking some and rechecking them and also unchecking all of them that it allows and rechecking them. I have also made sure that the three MSCAL.OCX file match the other computer that are on my computer. Also, nothing is showing up in the event log if you go to administrative tools. I cannot figure out how to debug the issue and the help items on the error message are not helping at all. I have tried to recreate the issue on my computer but it works fine and I cannot recreate it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have been struggling with this, which I feel should be a small issue, for days now!

Thanks,
Andy

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 12:19
Is this control bound to a field in the form's record source or is it unbound?

andyeastes

Registered User.
Local time
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. It is unbound, there is no recordsource for the calendar control.It is unbound.

missinglinq

AWF VIP
Local time
In addition to Bob's question, what versions of Access are you running on the development computer and on the errant computer?

...I have deleted and re added the calendar...
Do you mean that you have done this on the errant machine, or have you done this on the development machine then copied it onto the errant machine?

Also, is this split into a front end/back end configuration?

Linq ;0)>

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Today, 12:19
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. It is unbound, there is no recordsource for the calendar control.It is unbound.
You can't reference a file on your computer to show here. You need to UPLOAD it first and then refer to the link that it ends up with. See here for how to post a screenshot to the forum.

I tested on my computer and it all worked fine. So, what Linq asks might be helpful. What versions are you using and are they the same on all computers?

andyeastes

Registered User.
Local time
All the machines are running Access 2003. Some of the computers are using and MDE version of the file but the ones that are also running MDB versions of the file, as on my computer, are also giving the same issues.

It is currently not split into front/back end.

I deleted the calendar and added it on the developer machine. It is on a mapped network drive that can be accessed from all the machines.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom