Solved Adventures with 2010 Calenders (1 Viewer)

Kraj

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:16
This was going to be a plea for help but is now a retelling of my experience in case someone else runs into a similar problem.

After being upgraded to Office 2010 I received the dreaded MSCAL.OCX error message but quickly found the solution of removing the missing reference from the VBA list. (This thread was especially helpful.) However, I found that after clicking through multiple error boxes, the VBA window would open but the References menu was greyed out, meaning I couldn't apply the solution. So I tried deleting the module that VBA jumped to after clicking through the error boxes; when I did that I was able to open the database like normal, go into VBA, disable the missing reference, and then paste the the module back in. Well after that not only did the database crash whenever I tried opening a form that formerly had a calendar control on it, but it also crashed whenever I attempted to open the VBA window, basically making it impossible to try any further fixes whatsoever.

So then I went to a backed-up version of the database and attempted to check every form for the actual calendar control object and remove it, as well as removing any references in the code. Unfortuntely I found none whatsoever, so it was frustrating and perplexing.

So then I went back to the "broken" version and decided to try opening it in 2003 and see if I could find and delete the objects that way. When strangely the problem vanished. While I'm not 100% sure, I believe what happened is that when I copied the database to work with it, the old .ldb file was deleted and regenerated, and for some reason disabling the missing reference didn't fix the reference problem until the .ldb regenerated.

So the moral of my story is: If you try to fix the MSCAL.OCX error problem in 2010 by unchecking the missing reference in the VBA window but your problems persist, try deleting your .ldb file.

I just thought I'd share.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom