Amphetamines Ban? (1 Viewer)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 04:46
I was watching ESPN at a bar today and I saw something about a decrease in performance because of a drug ban for athletes. The headline was Amphetamines. Haven't those always been illegal? Did they mean to say steroids I wonder?

kevlray

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:46
Amphetamines are (or used to be) common in allergy medicine. Now way too many people are making Meth out them. Possibly an athete can get a performance boost on taking allergy medicine.

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 04:46
Amphetamines are (or used to be) common in allergy medicine. Now way too many people are making Meth out them. Possibly an athete can get a performance boost on taking allergy medicine.

allergy medicine is restricted in drug stores now. you can't get buy a large amount of them at one time, and there are caps on them too. i used to work in a drug store. i would doubt that meth would give you a performance boost. isn't meth an UPPER? as in, more energy? I myself prefer the lowers, like heroin (no i've never taken it) because they calm you down and you start laughing for now reason.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 05:46
Amphetamines are also present in a lot of weight loss/appetite suppressant "drugs". They are not currently banned in pro sports. They also claim to provide more energy. I'm thinking it's more likely the fear of the performance boost they may get from using them instead of losing fat and gaining energy the natural way than any possible illegal use.

Brianwarnock

Retired
Local time
Today, 09:46
I was under the impression that the use of Amphetamines was not uncommon in sport before the more sophisticated drugs appeared. I'm sure they are on the banned list in cycling.

Brian

mispiece

Banned
Local time
Today, 02:46
If it's abused then they should ban it. That way, they help athletes be in better form naturally.

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
I was under the impression that the use of Amphetamines was not uncommon in sport before the more sophisticated drugs appeared. I'm sure they are on the banned list in cycling.

Brian

banned and illegal!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroud1977

Registered User.
Local time
I never understood how Tyson used to test positive for weed before a fight.
Who could throw a punch stoned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom