Multiple lists on a single subject (1 Viewer)

Julius12

Local time
Today, 07:07
Hello Guys! I'm new here, and have spent hours trying to learn how to achieve this.

I have been asked to make a report from my database listing property sites and listed things found with them. Ex. a property might have 3 houses and 2 cars on it.

Whenever I make a report the best I can make are groups that look like:

Property 1
House A
Car a
Car b
Car c
House B
Car a
Car b
Car c

I need something that could group car and houses directly to property 1 rather than cars grouped to houses grouped to property.

Ex.
Property 1
House A
House B
Car a
Car b
Car c

Thanks for your time! Please stay with me! I only started learning a week ago!

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 06:07
What does the underlying tables that hold this data look like? Can you provide sample data from them? Include table and field names.

Ian Rennie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:07
It would also be useful to see what a single row of data provided to the reports looks like - what is the report trying to work with?
Ian

Julius12

Local time
Today, 07:07
Hello! Sorry for the late response. I can't really give you the imformation due to possible sensitivity. More or less, I have a single table with the seperate, one to many relationships. As said, lots of cars to one property, and lots of houses to one property. I need to list BOTH cars and houses on a single report. I may have solved this problem by linking subreports. Is this an acceptable way to go about it? Thanks!

Ian Rennie

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:07
Well done - if the system displays the data in the way you want to have it display then it will be acceptable. Programming elegance matters when performance and maintenance are an issue. Ian

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom