from 2010 to MS access 2013 (Jet vs SQL) (1 Viewer)

selvsagt

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:49
Hi.

My application is made with MSaccess2010.
It has multiple users, a split front end, and all users (and db) is on a citrix terminal server. This works great (enough). Backend accdb, frontend accde.

However, I see the need to upgrade the backend to SQL server and keep the frontend in access. The numbers of users increase, and so does the amount of data.

I have read about MsAccess 2013, and that 2013 has swapped the JET engine with Sql engine. Doesnt access2013 require a server for its SQL engine, is it a desktop sql server within the application...?

Can I just "convert" my 2010 backend to an Access 2013 DB, and "automatically" get a SQL engine? This sounds to easy...And if this is correct, can I keep my 2010 frontend as is, and use msaccess 2010 application for the frontend to mye users?

I want a SQL backend for better safety. I have had one incident of data corruption, and thats one to many.

Hope for an answer!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 21:49
Try searching the forum for Citrix - you may find some expertise and possibly use PM to get details.
IIRC user Rx is a Citrix user.

selvsagt

Registered User.
Local time
Hi.
I dont think Citrix is relevant for my question. To simplify my question; will an accdb created in msaccess 2010, automatically get "MS Access2013-sql benefits"?

And

Will my frontend still function as normal (only faster since the engine now is sql and with less likelyhood of corruption), or must I do a lot of coding to get it to work.

selvsagt

Registered User.
Local time
It was to good to be true. Thank for clearing that up!

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:49
No problem; sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom