Booking System Macro (1 Viewer)

harrylotr

Local time
Today, 02:03
I want to create a booking system on Microsoft Access. I have these 4 tables: employees, clients, meeting rooms and appointments. I have an issue with the macro I used. The macro basically checks whether the employee, client or meeting room are being used when booking in order to avoid double bookings. The macro sort of works as it gives me the right message however it proceeds to state that a booking can be made when it shouldn't be able to if the client, employees or meeting rooms are already booked at that specific date and time. I just need help to resolve this. If anyone also knows how to display the appointments in the form of a calendar that would be extremely appreciated.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:03
Hard to say without seeing the macro or VBA code.

Reese

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 21:03
If anyone also knows how to display the appointments in the form of a calendar that would be extremely appreciated.
I created a booking database (in my case it was educational events where we go to a client's location) and I was also interested in this feature. Unfortunately I came up with a complete blank. At least according to my research there is no way to view records in a table (in this case your appointments table) in a calendar form.

What I ended up doing was using Google Calendar in conjunction with Access. The simple event title, date/time, event city and who will be facilitating the program goes on Google while all of the data (basics plus event address, client info, cost, billing info, type of program, etc.) is entered into Access.

Yes, this means that we have to enter some of the same data into two locations and make changes in two locations when necessary. But it also works to our advantage because we have a corps of volunteers who facilitate our programs and we set Google Calendar so they can access and view it, but not edit it.

I don't know if the same set up would work for you but I suggest looking into it or a similarly shared calendar. Perhaps the calendar in Outlook?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom