Update Table1.F1 from Table2.F1 (1 Viewer)

Al Christensen

Local time
Yesterday, 21:34
I have searched extensively and have not found a solution to what I would think would be a common question.

I am using Access 2013 web app with SharePoint 2013. I have very little (other than the last month) history with Access. Many solutions I've found do not work with the Web Apps subset of tools that Access 2013 provides.

I would like to, either 'On Click' or 'Add New Record' prepopulate data from Table2.Field1 and Table2.Field2 etc. into Table1.Field1 and Table1.Field2 on the current record being added or updated in Table1.

I have the tables linked on KeyField, such that when Table1.KeyField is entered, it is validated against Table2.KeyField, and when the record is first saved the Table2.Field1 and Table2.Field2 values are populated on the Table1 view. But the values are not in Table1, only the view pulls the data from Table2. I want the values to be prepopulated on the Table1 records, and allow them to be over keyed by the user if desired. I've tried using Default values, but at the time the Default is pulled, the Tables are not yet joined.

I have tried to be generic in my request, if more specifics are needed please let me know.

Al Christensen

Local time
Yesterday, 21:34
I'm getting closer. Using the 'On Insert' I can execute two Lookup records and then do an EditRecord and SetField. I can do this successfully if my Lookup Criteria for Table1 (KeyField) is a field on Table1 as 'short text', but I want to use an existing field so the user only needs to key the value one time. The existing field is a 'Lookup' field and I get an error when comparing a Short Text field to a Lookup field . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom