Grayed "After Events" (1 Viewer)

eMel

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:55
I'm trying to add macros to a table. I open the table and click the Table tab. I need to click the "After Update" but it is grayed out. How do I get it ungrayed?

Thank You,
eMel

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 10:55
Tables don't support macros. They are for Forms and Reports only.

Users should not be interacting with tables.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
In this thread it is written

If your existing database is a .mdb file with the 2000 or 2002-2003 format, you cannot create data macros on those tables. You can only create data macros on your tables if the database is using the .accdb file format. MDB files cannot understand data macros so those options are grayed out.

Could that be your problem?

eMel

Registered User.
Local time
Users aren't interacting with the tables. And they are linked. My problem is that I have a form in a form. When changes are made to the main form, they are written to an audit log. I'm using Emp ID for the first identifier. The subform doesn't have an Emp ID so it doesn't write the changes. Busy day so I didn't get to work on it. Tied up with keycodev2.dll issue on another project. Any form help appreciated.

Thank You!!

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 10:55
Users aren't interacting with the tables.

Don't mind me. I only use mdb so didn't know about data macros. I expect Sneuberg is correct.

When changes are made to the main form, they are written to an audit log. I'm using Emp ID for the first identifier. The subform doesn't have an Emp ID so it doesn't write the changes.

Without knowing the details of your audit system it is hard to suggest.
Could you put EmpID in the subform and write it from the main form in the Current Event?

eMel

Registered User.
Local time
Good idea on adding Emp ID. I check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom