Delete query asking parameter value? (1 Viewer)

HeatherO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:54
Sorry about that.

Once I used ridders above fix for the space in the field name, it stopped asking for parameters. I then had to update the query properties to show "Unique Records - Yes". The code now looks like this:

DELETE DISTINCTROW Roommates.*, *
FROM Roommates INNER JOIN Applicants ON Roommates.[Roommate Name] = Applicants.[Roommate Name];

Again, thanks for the help :)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 13:54
You're welcome.
DISTINCTROW is needed where you have one to many table joins

Now if I was you I really would get rid of all those spaces and question marks.

Also in future copy & paste code & use code tags - # button in Go Advanced toolbar. There were several replies here trying to find out whether the space in post 1 was intentional. It was though not where you put it!!!

HeatherO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 08:54
You're welcome.
DISTINCTROW is needed where you have one to many table joins

Now if I was you I really would get rid of all those spaces and question marks.

Also in future copy & paste code & use code tags - # button in Go Advanced toolbar. There were several replies here trying to find out whether the space in post 1 was intentional. It was though not where you put it!!!

Understood.

I will work on getting this cleaned up. This was suppose to be a very simple database and just keeps growing (our vendor's software is not working properly) so I want to make sure it functions well. I'll definitely get rid of those spaces and special characters. I have a lot to learn

Again, much appreciated!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom