How to share via the web? (1 Viewer)

fat controller

Slightly round the bend..
Local time
Today, 11:00
I have a very small Access database that I would like to make available to others via the web (currently four people); the reason for using the web is that they are at various points in the country.

I have a WDMyCloudMirror which I believe is up to the task, but I have absolutely no idea how to do it - is it a case of lodging the back end on the WDMyCloud and then distributing the front end via zip files (Dropbox most likely)

How do I link the front end and back end so that it will work?

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 04:00
I think SharePoint is typically used for this but I don't think your WDMyCloudMirror could be used. I think you need to use their service. Also you will see in the first link that there are things that work in a desktop applications that don't when use for SharePoint.

sneuberg

AWF VIP
Local time
I am reading the manual for WD My Cloud and it looks like a remote connection appears as folders on the remote device. So maybe you could put the backend on the WDMyCloudMirror and the remote user could just link to it. I'd be interested to hear if this works. The questions I'd have would be:

How's the performance?
Does the backend get corrupt (I'd keep lots of backups while trying this)?

fat controller

Slightly round the bend..
Local time
Today, 11:00
Ah, I have just gone off on the Sharepoint path - sorry. It's the first time that I have used Sharepoint, but it looks handy. The only slight problem might be that the other users might not have Office installed, and therefore won't have Sharepoint.

seguinsoftware

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:00
I use RDP. It solves a lot of problems when rolling out shared apps.

ducouer

Registered User.
Local time
I think SharePoint is typically used for this but I don't think your WDMyCloudMirror could be used. I think you need to use their service. Also you will see in the first link that there are things that work in a desktop applications that don't when use for SharePoint.
Totally agree. Sharepoint offer great online storage and easy to sync among devices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom