Get your MS Access Database on the web in 20mins (1 Viewer)

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:38
George Young demonstrates how to get MS Access on the web in 20 minutes! This is a recording of a Webinar so expect a few hiccups. To Whet your appetite, start at 20 minutes in...
https://youtu.be/_5o_2ApyQq0

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Hi Tony

Thanks for this link

Started watching this but the video quality is poor - as is some sound from other webinar members though George himself is fine.

As the screen is 'blurred' I'm having difficulty following what he's explaining.
Have you been through this successfully yourself?

If so, could this be a suitable topic for you to redo yourself as a video?

Cheers

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Have you been through this successfully yourself?

No, didn't have the time, or inclination Colin.

However I've just discovered that app sheets can be linked to MSSQL Server, (I think, I need to verify it)

And following along in this video:-

which is where I got the indication that you could link to Ms SQL, I note a vague similarity with MS Access in the construction of these web forms.

Looks interesting because Google App Sheets can link to a variety of data sources both local PC and web.

Also it seems that it's a gentle learning curve because you can start off with Google sheets and migrate them to Google app sheets.

So you have three levels of use/user you can have the everyday use/user. Any person competent with a spreadsheet can turn one into a mobile application by using Google app sheets.

Next someone with a reasonable grasp of JavaScript can modify this beginners level into something even more useful.

And finally a developer can use API interfaces and do wonderful things with it!

Looks like there are quite a few useful YouTube video instructions on it as well I've only just started examining this & would be by interested in others views ....

Last edited:

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I also edited my post since your reply so you might have missed something!

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
You did indeed.
Only the first two sentences were visible when I replied!
Anyway, I don't use any of the Google products such as Sheets...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Anyway, I don't use any of the Google products such as Sheets...

Maybe you should consider having a look, especially now they've got App Sheets which aren't actually Google sheets, it is something a little more advanced...

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I mentioned in my first post that I thought App Sheets can link to MS SQL Server. This could/will? open App Sheets up to MS Access, getting MS Access data on the web, and I assume vice-a-versa.

In this video:-

at time index:- 3:25 one of the data connections offered in the combobox is to MSSQL Server ..

Incidentally, elsewhere on the web it said you could not link MS Access to App Sheets. Well, you could, if you loaded your Data up to MySQL first. I should think it would be a better option uploading it to to MSSQL....

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 15:38
No, didn't have the time, or inclination Colin.

However I've just discovered that app sheets can be linked to MSSQL Server, (I think, I need to verify it)

And following along in this video:-

which is where I got the indication that you could link to Ms SQL, I note a vague similarity with MS Access in the construction of these web forms.

Looks interesting because Google App Sheets can link to a variety of data sources both local PC and web.

Also it seems that it's a gentle learning curve because you can start off with Google sheets and migrate them to Google app sheets.

So you have three levels of use/user you can have the everyday use/user. Any person competent with a spreadsheet can turn one into a mobile application by using Google app sheets.

Next someone with a reasonable grasp of JavaScript can modify this beginners level into something even more useful.

And finally a developer can use API interfaces and do wonderful things with it!

Looks like there are quite a few useful YouTube video instructions on it as well I've only just started examining this & would be by interested in others views ....
Yes you can do appsheet with sql server

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom