Trsuted Locations & Autoexec (1 Viewer)

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:59
hi folks,

its been a while since I posted, mainly as my organisation is trying to move away from MS access applications.

Anyway, here's my problem, I tried to deploy and Access database to a number of machines. these machines didn't have Access installed, but rather a virtualised client. The problem with this vApp is that it appeared not to hold the trusted locations from session to session, so the security warning kept popping up and interrupting the autoexec macro.

So I got the full version of Access installed, and tried again, this time it is holding the trusted locations but the security warnings are still kicking in and interrupting start-up code.

My next attempt was to create a registry patch to apply the trusted locations directly into the registry, patch applied, check the keys were present, which they were, still no luck.

Next up, hard coding the trusted locations in a module, again, security warning kicks in and stops the autoexec.

I'm now at a loss on how to fix this, has anyone ever experienced anything like this?

Cheers

rodmc

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:59
You normally only get the warning the first time that copy of the application is run, are you replacing it automatically every time it gets logged into?

This is normal behavior with either the runtime or full version of Access.

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Its each and every time Minty, with the same copy of the FE on the Public Desktop folder.

Public Desktop and the network share with the back end are added in the Trusted Locations

rodmc

Registered User.
Local time
Managed to get past this problem. As it turns out even though full version was installed it was still trying to open via the vApp. Once vApp was uninstalled, I then set Default program to the new full install Access .exe.

Moral of the story, stay away from the MS Access virtualised client.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom