Long Text for 2D barcode (1 Viewer)

AceBK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:51
I am trying to introduce a 2D barcode system in my Access 2016 database. I am using software from Tec-IT, in case that is important information to pass along. I have a query that is pulling data from multiple places, and have a field with 407 characters. When I display the query, I can see all the characters, but when I use the query to build a report, I only get the first 255 characters. I have researched quite extensively on how to convert this field, 'MainBarcode', to a 'Long Text' field, but I can not figure it out. To create the barcode, Tec-IT uses an activeX controller. The barcode too only returns the first 255 characters. I can break down the data to smaller parts, but of course that would mean more unnecessary scans. As a side note, I did copy the text that was returned from the query and placed it in a test report and I created the barcode with no problem. So, a long story short, the query returns all 407 characters, but the report only displays 255.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 15:51
You are probably suffering from truncation of Memo / Long Text fields in some way as described here: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-63.html

Long Text is the new name for a memo field - they are the same thing.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 22:51
Have you set the Can grow property of the textbox on the report to True?

AceBK

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:51
Well, I just ended up concatenating a number of fields in order to make it work. Thank you for the replies, it is nice to be able to come to this forum and can always count on getting some help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom