Report that ignores blank values (1 Viewer)

psyc0tic1

Access Moron
Local time
Yesterday, 20:26
Maybe this isn't complicated but I have no idea.

Previously I had 2 different forms that posted data to 2 different tables to record test data for electrical parts used in furniture. There are many different part numbers. Some of these parts have USB ports and most do not. This way I could pull reports on 1 kind of testing or another. The parts that have USB ports get 2 different kinds of testing... the parts that do not have USB ports only get 1 kind of testing.

Recently I combined the 2 forms into 1 form and added the fields from both tables into 1 so they would not have to keep putting in redundant information on the 2 forms.

In my new data table I have now have all of the fields that used to be in 2 tables.

When people test a part does not have USB ports they leave those fields blank.

My trouble is that now when I try to make a report on just the fields that hold the USB port test data I see every line in the data table and not just the ones that have data in them so there is a bunch of records showing on the report with no data.

How can I tell my report to ignore the blank fields and only display the records with data?

Thank you very much in advance for help.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:26
Filter the record source like this

[USD Port Data] <> "" or possibly Nz([USD Port Data],"") <> ""

psyc0tic1

Access Moron
Local time
Filter the record source like this

[USD Port Data] <> "" or possibly Nz([USD Port Data],"") <> ""

The record source for this report is a query and the query is called "USBQuery".

Where would I put a filter on that?

I tried putting it in like in the attachment

Attachments

• Filter.jpg
    Filter.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:26
The record source for this report is a query and the query is called "USBQuery".

Where would I put a filter on that?

You can just edit the report property sheet to include the filter similar to this

However, the easiest way may be to just add the filter to the query if you don't use the query for anything else.
Otherwise use a modified version of the query with the filter applied

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    7.6 KB · Views: 817

psyc0tic1

Access Moron
Local time
You can just edit the report property sheet to include the filter similar to this

However, the easiest way may be to just add the filter to the query if you don't use the query for anything else.
Otherwise use a modified version of the query with the filter applied

I tried adding what ridders suggested into the filter spot but all the report displayed was 1 record and it was blank of data.

a popup wanted a value for USBQuery and a second popup wanted a value for TestDate

psyc0tic1

Access Moron
Local time
I got it... I added "Is Not Null" into some key fields in the query and solved the problem.

Thank you very much guys

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom