How to have two PO with the same date in a report (1 Viewer)

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:31
Hi guys, currently i can prompt user to key in one PO number and all the details will be in my report, but i tried prompting user to key in two PO number with the same date and nothing appear on my report. How to have 2 PO in a report?
Thank you.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 12:31
It's going to take 2 prompts.

Or its going to require a form with an input and then a method to parse out all the PO numbers they type in.

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
It's going to take 2 prompts.

Or its going to require a form with an input and then a method to parse out all the PO numbers they type in.

I tried using query builder and prompt user to key in twice, after keying in the report did not show any records

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:31
Show us the query then, although as plog has already stated the normal way to do this would be to use a form to gather the data (PO Numbers in your case) probably from a multi-select list box, or by selecting a customer and a start and end date, and build a report around that dynamic data.

There are dozens of examples of this type of thing on here, if you have a search.

luzz

Registered User.
Local time
Show us the query then, although as plog has already stated the normal way to do this would be to use a form to gather the data (PO Numbers in your case) probably from a multi-select list box, or by selecting a customer and a start and end date, and build a report around that dynamic data.

There are dozens of examples of this type of thing on here, if you have a search.

My query: [Enter PO] under then PO field in query

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 18:31
That will return a single PO if you enter an existing PO number, but I think you have probably worked that out. You aren't helping us much here.

If you put in 23, 876 as your PO numbers it won't work because "23, 876" doesn't match anything.

So as both Plog and I described above, you will have to build a form to allow you to select what PO's you want to report on. There is no magic way around this, you will have to build something to get more exacting results.

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 12:31
My query: [Enter PO] under then PO field in query

2 prompt method:

My query: [Enter PO] OR [Enter PO2] under then PO field in query

Keep adding " OR " and more bracketed "Enter PO" values to allow more and more inputs and make it onerous on your users for the times they only want to search for 1 PO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom