Column Showing Commulative Total of each column total in Pivot Table (1 Viewer)

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 03:24
What's a pivot table form? I googled it and can't find that its a thing. Access is always adding stupid crap so I can't definitively say its not a thing, but I've never heard of it.

With that said, what you want is a running sum. You can search the forum for that term and find many threads on the subject.

However, it's going to require a properly structured table. I don't know if the data you have listed as "Actual Data" is your table, or a query. If a table, you are storing your data wrong. It needs to be in a table that has "SalesYear" as a field and the actual years as values like so:

SalesTable
Item, SalesYear, SalesAmount
Fridge, 2015, 200
Fridge, 2016, 300
Fridge, 2017, 500
Oven, 2015, 400

With that structure you should be able to accomplish what you want in a pivot table query.

taifoor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:24
What's a pivot table form? I googled it and can't find that its a thing. Access is always adding stupid crap so I can't definitively say its not a thing, but I've never heard of it.

With that said, what you want is a running sum. You can search the forum for that term and find many threads on the subject.

However, it's going to require a properly structured table. I don't know if the data you have listed as "Actual Data" is your table, or a query. If a table, you are storing your data wrong. It needs to be in a table that has "SalesYear" as a field and the actual years as values like so:

SalesTable
Item, SalesYear, SalesAmount
Fridge, 2015, 200
Fridge, 2016, 300
Fridge, 2017, 500
Oven, 2015, 400

With that structure you should be able to accomplish what you want in a pivot table query.

In Ms Access 2010, A form can be viewed as Pivot Table. My question is specifically for that context.

In Ms Excel Pivot, i founf an option of Show Value as Running Total on a field while in Ms Access 2010, this specific option is not available.

It will be good if someone give guide as to activate that command in Ms Access 2010 Pivot Table.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom