Windows Live Messenger video (1 Viewer)

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:43
I'm trying to get this application working, between my house (Canada) and my parents' (the UK).

The state of play at the moment is:

They can see their own video image in a preview pane.
They can hear me.
They can see me.

I can see my own video image in a preview pane.
I can hear them.
I can't see them. Instead I see the Messenger icon (a green head and torso) alongside a picture of a camera with a line through it.

I'm desperately hoping that someone on the forum has enough knowledge of the application to say whether the problem is at my end (i.e. receiving the video) or at theirs (i.e. sending the video).

I've tried searching the Microsoft site, but the closest problem I could find was where the video is working but the sound doesn't.

Any thought gratefully received.

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
although i dont have a direct answer to your problem, ive run into similar ones to yours and never came around to a solution....

im not a huge fan of skype, but its so easy to use and set up.i set it up between my aunt and cousin (US to UK) in minutes. and its free from person to person. why not try that?

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
im not a huge fan of skype, but its so easy to use and set up.i set it up between my aunt and cousin (US to UK) in minutes. and its free from person to person. why not try that?
Thanks for the response.
I may have to, if I can't easily resolve this. :(

rainman89

I cant find the any key..
Local time
yeah like i said. for some reason. as "user friendly" as microsoft claims to be.... some of their products are just too much of a hassle to try to get working and use.

after thinking about it though. if you cant see them but they can see u. it sounds like its on their end.

Alc

Registered User.
Local time
I assumed it was t their end, but it's always nice to hear someone say something to back that up (even if not definite).

I think my first option will be to get them to uninstall and reinstall everything to do with the camera. If that doesn't work, I'll give skype a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom