Event Viewer / Error Event Log (1 Viewer)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Today, 05:41
This is pretty in-depth question folks:

My hard disk spins unnecessarily when windows boots up, and I have tried everything possible to capture the problem and fix it, but to no avail. My most recent discovery was in the Event Viewer. I have an error in there that is recurring multiple times (about 25 on average) when windows boots up. Here is the information I have gathered from the viewer:

Source: Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider
Event ID: 7001
Time of Error: Exact same time for each occurance (all 25 of them)

I have many errors in the log, but most of them only occur once at a given time. These are mostly the ones that are caused by disabled startup process, which makes perfect sense. I am not worried about those, as that's probably part of the normal reporting process that windows goes through.

If anyone has worked with the event log before or has some insight on this issue, I would certainly appreciate it. Thanks!

This thread was spawned from an unsuccessful attempt at trying to narrow down the possibilities of the cause. Our first attempt can be found here:

http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=144425

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:41
My hard disk spins unnecessarily when windows boots up, and I have tried everything possible to capture the problem and fix it,

Are you sure it's unnecessary ? are you comparing it to XP ? Remember Vista is more intensive than XP and every hard disk spins up on startup. ;)

Source: Service Control Manager Eventlog Provider
Event ID: 7001
Time of Error: Exact same time for each occurance (all 25 of them)

I have many errors in the log, but most of them only occur once at a given time. These are mostly the ones that are caused by disabled startup process, which makes perfect sense.

Me too an I ignore them in fact I have 68 system event logs entries every time I boot up, 8 are 7001 errors and as you've noted all related to services I have disabled, if you click on an error it does give more detailed info. 25 does seem excessive. (see below)

I've looked at this thread and I think we should keep it on one thread but I personally would check the startup programs from running msconfig from start > run and type msconfig and make sure the programs and processes you need are ticked, though personally I would actually go the other way by disabling everything I think I don't need and then re-enable those I do but I don't know what you have installed ;)

Then do a defrag on all drives and then a repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom