2003 Object Library Files (1 Viewer)

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 21:23
All,

I am looking for the location of the Object Library File for the 2003 version of Excel (the reason - when opening Excel application from Access VBA, it opens 2007 - I have the "Office 12" library loaded in the reference list). I think I am in the right place, but I only see 4 OLB Files in my Office 11 folder. There is one for WORD, POWERPOINT, and ACCESS. Is Excel in a different place? Thanks! (The picture attached is sorted by file type, and all OLB files are highlighted.)

EDIT

I added the "XL" type OLB that you see in the picture, but I don't think that is it, because it didn't appear in my reference list when I added it in from the BROWSE button.

Attachments

• OLB files.jpg
    OLB files.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 454

ajetrumpet

Banned
Local time
Yesterday, 21:23
For anyone that needs to know (I didn't know this!):

To add an object library for any office program to your VBA References in Access (or any other program I would assume), do the following:

1) VBA editor > Tools > References > Browse to Path of Program Executible
2) Example - Path for 2003 Office Excel is: C:\program files\microsoft office\office11\excel.EXE

Just sharing my knowledge with the rest. I never had to do this before. It must have something to do with me having both 2003 and 2007 version on the same machine!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom