Introduction (1 Viewer)

PhaseNine

Local time
Today, 17:00
Hello,

I am farily new to MS Access but have been in the database-development / programming world for over 10 years. I graduated from the University of Waterloo with a Major in Applied Mathematics and a minor in Computer Science.

The bulk of my work-experience (10+ years) has been in database development. Unfortunately, most of this development was done in a legacy environment known as Unidata. This is an attribute-delimited database and has a limited user base. It had quite a bit of power and during my time with this company we developed thousands of applications, some of them quite complex, and solved just as many (if not more) support requests. I am greatful for my exposure to this environment. However, the downside is that (as mentioned) it has a limited user base and is not really meant for the home user. The other negative side is that I have quite a bit of re-learning to do in order to be able to migrate the the SQL/VB Access environment. I am hoping that Access will have the same power as my former DBE and that the transition to Access will be as painless as possible.

I have a number of projects in mind with MS Access and hope to utilize it to its full potential. If I become as familiar with Access as I was with Unidata then it will be the start of a great relationship.

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Tomorrow, 07:00
the transition to Access will be as painless as possible.

i wish you luck in your quest, though that's a lovely paradox you have described there ;) you're in good hands, however, on access world forums :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom