Hey (1 Viewer)

scrivomcdivo

Local time
Today, 18:58
Hi everyone.

Just to introduce myself. I'm 28 and from the UK. I have a toy around with Access a few years back and didn't really get far and so gave up.

I'm looking to get back into getting my head around Access and I now have the time to commit to learning it.

Any recommendations on ideas for DBs that I can have a go at designing? Any sites that pose problems (ie. Company A are looking for a database to do A, B & C?) so I can then have a go a tackling this task as a bit of fun to practice with Access?

wiklendt

i recommend chocolate
Local time
Tomorrow, 03:58
Hi scrivomcdivo,

welcome to the forums.

my advice is to start on a project with direct relevance to you. maybe a library db of your music, books, videos etc... this will teach you a lot about normalisation (priority #1), and also motivate you to add pleasant features, such as book cover images to each record. a library may sound boring, but it would be a good learning tool because the library is such a known entity and you already have an idea of what you would want out of such a database and how you'd like it to work, and how you'd like to interact with it.

good luck!

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Today, 13:58
I agree! That's one of the things I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom