Adobe Air2 - anyone familiar with this? (1 Viewer)

CarysW

Complete Access Numpty
Local time
Today, 14:16
One of our suppliers has recently sent a piece of software for use with their product (too complicated to explain, but neither us nor the supplier are an IT company). The 'OS' as they call it uses Adobe Air2. It downloads Air2 from the internet before installing it. I've not had any problems installing it on any of the computers in the office but one of our reps has had problems on both his own laptop (running Vista) and a customer's computer (running XP). He's not the most computer friendly person so it's hard for him to explain the problem to me over the phone but he says it gives him an error message saying something about compatibility of Adobe Air2.

Is anyone familiar with this software and know of any potential issues? Could it be something to do with the anti-virus? Or the fact that the laptop is wireless? (I've only tried it on wired machines).

The rep has tried installing it from two different places; from a pen drive and from our server via Citrix, he gets the same error both times. The version on our server is the same one I'm using.

Any ideas? I'm flummoxed!

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:16
Not too familiar with it, it's a runtime platform btw not an O/S ;-).

I'd ensure he is an administrator:

XP - Control panel > user accounts

Vista - Click on his picture in start bar > follow it from there (sorry long time since I have Vista)

Check his system has at least SP2 as per the requirements.

Control panel again and click system - I think it's very similar in Vista (or use the search bit) or if someone with Vista can confirm.

he says it gives him an error message saying something about compatibility of Adobe Air2.

:mad: I can not stand this "oh it gives me some error about something" - get him to read out the exact error message and post it, it says stuff for a reason. Sorry I get this all the time even from so called 'techs' and it drives me up the wall :p

If that doesn't shed precific light on the problem you might want to head over to Adobe's forums - clicky

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom