Intro (1 Viewer)

Hamish 237

Local time
Today, 19:14
Hi So I live down under more a dabbler than a programmer though I have done a fair bit of small DB stuff across the years and always enjoyed the challenges of getting new things working, its a hobby for me that has had benefits in my various roles.. never to old to learn new things --&-- never to fresh to learn from old experience :D

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 04:14
Welcome to AWF, you have come to the right place!

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:14
Hi. Welcome to the forum.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:14
Welcome, Hamish. If you want to learn from old experience, I qualify for the "old" part and have at least some minor experience. I think a lot of us can make that claim.

Hamish 237

Local time
Thanks Doc Man I’m a Grandpa of 1.5 so far but a ways from retirement yet unfortunately. So I got a good laugh at your post can still teach the young bucks eh! The wisdom of years only held back by the wanting of youth lol :)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:14
Hi Hamish
Welcome from me as well.
I've been trying to understand the Grandpa of 1.5 comment but you've lost me.
Care to explain?

Hamish 237

Local time
Hi isladogs
No problem to explain that I’m a grandpa of 1 x 2yo and there is one still cooking in the oven due just before Xmas so it’s probably only a .3 at the moment :) and I got to say it can’t come quick enough for me I’m a real softy for fresh out the oven muffins lol

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 03:14
Ah, yes. Some things just have to be works in progress. Which isn't a bad thing. And you are right about the way that the littlest ones are "terminally cute." Then the precious little ones start growing and the next thing you know, they are tall enough to see your bald spot because they have to look down to see you. My best advice on that front? Take pictures. Lots of pictures. Otherwise one day you will look around at a tall person who looks very familiar and you will think for a moment, "Where did YOU come from? And what did you do with that little guy I rocked to sleep many nights?"

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 08:14
Hi isladogs
No problem to explain that I’m a grandpa of 1 x 2yo and there is one still cooking in the oven due just before Xmas so it’s probably only a .3 at the moment :) and I got to say it can’t come quick enough for me I’m a real softy for fresh out the oven muffins lol

Ah. Should have guessed. My grandson was born on Xmas Day 2017. Best Xmas present ever! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom