Parameters from reports (1 Viewer)

dinkhy

Local time
Today, 08:44
Hi all,
History - We are in the process of converting ADP to ACCDB with ODBC linked tables and pass-through queries. All my reports from ADP to ACCDB will be imported.Each stored procedure used in the accdb report will be converted into pass-thru odbc queries using VBA script and the needed ODBC DSN connection will be set programmatically.

This is my issue:The accdb reports do not have “INPUT PARAMETERS” like ADP reports.
a.Any input parameters that gets passed to the stored procedure gets lost during the import process between adp to accdb.
b.These input parameters has to be captured programmatically in the ADP itself, and create a mapping table to store the input parameter data (for later reference usage by developer).
For ex (table data will be): Reportname: rptNeedAAppt; RecordSource: dbo.qselrptNeedrAppt; Parameters: datetime [Enter Beginning Sale Date], datetime [Enter Ending Sale Date]
c. This data from the conversion table needs to be manually interpreted by a developer, and convert this parameter into a VBA code to accept the input parameters in the Report_Open() event, and adjust the pass-thru to use this input parameter values at the time of execution.

Problem: Over a period of time,various branches have their own reports. 900 in total. Is there an easier (programmable macro) way to run through the Reports and update a table with the Report name, record source, parameters info ?

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 08:44
Hi. Welcome to the forum. This is a wild guess and a long shot but if all reports have the useful PARAMETERS clause, then you could potentially loop through the Reports collection and parse the info between PARAMETERS and the first semicolon. Otherwise, you may have to try and parse the Column or Fields collection and the WHERE clause for anything enclosed with square brackets and make a guess decision if it's a parameter or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom