How to specify selection criteria for a report? (1 Viewer)

BadBoy House

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:01
Hi all,

We have a report in our job database which lists all of the jobs currently booked in; it sorts each record based on the date it was booked in.

I would now like to create some additional reports, for example all jobs booked in over 60 days ago.

Is it possible to add selection criteria to Access reports? So could I take a copy of the all jobs currently booked in report and add a date criteria so that it only selects records >60 days since they were booked in?

Would it be best to set up a new query that selects only the required information for the report, or can this type of criteria be specified within the report designer?

Many thanks

BadBoy House

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Gasman - I went with the filter parameter within the report itself.

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Yes, I'm not to sure how it all works to be honest.
I'd expect using the filter that the whole query would need to run and then the report filter out what it does not need.?

If you passed the parameters to the query, then you would only retrieve what you need.

I would have thought the second option was more efficient, but a little harder to implement.?

I have used both methods in the past, but my dataset is very small, so do not notice any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom