Pictures Default Layout in Word (1 Viewer)

maxmangion

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:55
Hi

When opening MS Word, the default picture layout when pasting an image is set to "In Line With Text". Unfortunately, this layout does not permit the grouping of pictures.

Through the options screen, I changed the Insert/Paste Pictures option to "Tight" as per attached screenshot. However, when pasting a picture in Word, the default layout is still showing as "In Line With Text" (as per attached screenshot).

Is there any other setting that I need to update, for this change to take place.

Thank you very much in advance for your feedback.

Attachments

• Options.jpg
    Options.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 170
  • wrap text layout.jpg
    wrap text layout.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 165

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
I note your question has yet to receive a reply, hence I am bumping it up the list for a second chance! Cheers Tony

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Actually, I just had a thought, reminded me of a similar problem with web pages, you have problems placing things in a web-page where you want to, and the solution is to put them in a table, (In your case this would be a word table). I wonder if that might be an option?

Last edited:

maxmangion

AWF VIP
Local time
Thank you for the suggestion, I will try that out :)

kilroyscarnival

Registered User.
Local time
Actually, I just had a thought, reminded me of a similar problem with web pages, you have problems placing things in a web-page where you want to, and the solution is to put them in a table, (In your case this would be a word table). I wonder if that might be an option?

That's where I'd start - even if the table is just a one-cell one. They'd want to go in and turn off the feature where the table automatically resizes to contents though.

Another possibility, or to be used in combination with the table, is a Picture Control.

To do this, Maxmangion, you'd first want to go into your ribbon and activate the Developer tab. I've been inserting these controls in a few templates here at work which allow for easier and more controlled size/positioning of photos in tables we use for reports.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom