do not count duplicates fields in report (1 Viewer)

joeyd11ph

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:45
Hello

I need to count as one only any Duplicates fields in my report.

I managed to do it in Job No row using the below procedure but fail in both received and completed date.

"To count the number of distinct instances of a Job No in the period covered by the report include a hidden text box, txtIDCounter say, in the group header or footer of the Job No group, with a ControlSource property of =1, and a RunningSum property of Over All. Then in the report footer, not the group footer, I include a visible text box whose ControlSource property references the hidden text box with =[txtIDCounter ]."

Please, I appreciate very much any kind of help to meet my expected result of 2 and 3 as indicated in the attached pic.

Thanks in advance
Joey

Attachments

• Duplicate value.png
    Duplicate value.png
    23.9 KB · Views: 87

dynamictiger

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:45
I think this would be achievable in queries.

A query giving you select distinct job numbers and count these records. This give you the job count.

Then a similar query with closed jobs only, again using a select distinct to get only the unique records.

These could be unioned with a bit of imagination to provide the information you are looking for. This may be able to be subreported to the main report or used as a data source for a recordset or...

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 13:45
Agree with dynamictiger that this should be done via a queries, but I think 2 will suffice. The first query will assign a status to each Job Number and the second will aggregate them. Then, the bottom, colored portion of your posted image will become a subreport based on that aggregate query.

In the first query, what you would do is assign a status to each Job number, then use that query as the source for your subreport. The status field in that query would be a calculated field and look like this:

JobStatus: IIf(Isnull([DateCompleted]), IIf(Isnull([DateReceived], "Not Received", "Pending"), "Completed")

That field will determine the status of each Job and will allow you to run a subsequent aggregate query to total them.

joeyd11ph

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you very much plog and dynamictiger. It works as expected.....

Cheers guys......

joey

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Tomorrow, 02:45
there is also a vba alternative.

Attachments

• job.zip
    35.9 KB · Views: 72

joeyd11ph

Registered User.
Local time
Hi Arnelgp,

I will keep your file for my future ref.

Thanks for your time and assistance

Joey

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom