Multple records to pdf (1 Viewer)

map@freeola.net

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:59
Hi
Please can you point me in the right direction?

I have a access database of 130 record cards each with several years of data attached (but only the past year is shown on a form). A heading with user details and then below a continuous form displaying then data.

With a query I can send 1 record to a pdf.

Question I now need to send 100 individual records to a pdf as one file.

Whats the best way to do this ? I can loop through the records but that gives me 100 pdf's.

Each record has user details followed by data.

Direction please.

Many thanks Michael

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:59
Hi Michael. What exactly are you sending to PDF, a report? If only data, then you could create a new query to show all the records you want to send to PDF and then use it instead of your current one where it's filtered to only one record.

map@freeola.net

Registered User.
Local time
Hi theDBguy

Thanks for your reply it made me realise that I print single forms as pdf's if I link then to multiple records it will print a multiple record pdf.

One query is the record card shows Jan to Dec.

As records are only recorded so far to June it only displays Jan-Jun.
Is there any way to display the uncreated data for July to Dec so those months names show but with blank fields.
Thanks Michael

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 20:59
Hi theDBguy

Thanks for your reply it made me realise that I print single forms as pdf's if I link then to multiple records it will print a multiple record pdf.

One query is the record card shows Jan to Dec.

As records are only recorded so far to June it only displays Jan-Jun.
Is there any way to display the uncreated data for July to Dec so those months names show but with blank fields.
Thanks Michael
Hi Michael. Not sure I follow. I think I understand the header part, but do you really want to display/print empty records/lines on the report?

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:59
Printing forms doesn't work well. If you create a report with a subreport, you can bind it to a query that selects 1 or more records. As long as you have proper page breaks, the report will work correctly. You would then export the report to a pdf.

map@freeola.net

Registered User.
Local time
Hi
Thanks for tips.
Done a report and put 12 months MonthNames as Text on report and added data as a subreport.
Worked out how to total data but want to do Avg as well.
Problem some months are blank so access does not include them in average.
Can do a calculation of total/number of months.
Can you give me suggestions of how best to do this?
Many thanks.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 23:59
Are you saying that if months are missing, you still want the month to be included in the divisor. So - avg(3, null, 3) = 2 rather than 3 which is what Access would normally calculate? If so, you need to make the nulls zeros instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom