ASP.NET & MS Access Forms (1 Viewer)

C

crimsonPhantom

hello everyone,

I have a very simple question for you all. Can I have access to a MS Access Form via ASP.NET?

Let me explain a bit, I'd like to give access to a lot of users to a MS Access database from my web server. I've already placed the *.mdb file in a virtual directory and I can connect to the tables and view the data in a gridview.

Now I can't open a Form inside the *.mdb. The application is quite big and I'd love not to make all the forms again.

May I have a confirmation that MS Access Forms aren't accessible from a web browser?

thank you for your answers and patience

crimsonPhantom

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:46
Sorry dude, web browsers read HTML. Whichever way you look at it your access form has to be translated to HTML before the browser can read it. There's no shortcuts when jumping from MS Access to asp.net. You gotta learn HTML and the .net framework. Big job but loadsa fun ;)

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 02:46
Using the ASP.net 2.0 is pretty easy. It is alot of drag and drop when creating form. The codebehind can be a bit cumbersom of you have alot of even procedures, but basic forms shouldn't be too hard.

If done right you can probably cut and paste most of the VBA code. Just make sure all your controls are named the same.

C

crimsonPhantom

I am already very fond of ASP.NET and C# but I just wanted to make sure it was really impossible to do it :p that means more work for me *sigh*

thank you for your fast answers

crimsonPhantom

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:46
crimsonPhantom said:
I am already very fond of ASP.NET and C# but I just wanted to make sure it was really impossible to do it :p that means more work for me *sigh*

I asked the exact same question over three years ago. Now I don't code in MS Access anymore 'cos .net gives me so much more.

Why do I hang about in this forum then? I have no idea :p

selenau837

Can still see y'all......
Local time
Today, 02:46
crimsonPhantom said:

thank you for your fast answers

crimsonPhantom

And job security!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom