Convert sharepoint linked table to local table (1 Viewer)

AliyuKatsina

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:52
Hi.
I have a FE DB and a sharepoint BE. Due to our poor network nature I most of the time converts the sharepoint table on the FE to local table. I usually do this from the navigation pane once I right click on the linked table the command (Convert To Local Table) pops up. I however wants to perform the same action via VBA without any success.

I tried the docmd.transferdatabase without success. Please can anybody help!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 22:52
I would keep your linked table and use a query to make table - query can be written in vba or run from vba.

depends on what you are trying to do, whether you have a primary key etc, but once you have your table you could just use an append query to add new records rather than deleting and making it each time which is not very efficient and can lead to bloat.

Once you have your local table, if this is in a multiuser environment ensure your tables are kept in a separate back end and all users have their own copy of the front end.

AliyuKatsina

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks.
I however wish to copy the data (db1) to another db (db2). If I use a select statement the recordset returns nothing. I can connect to db1 from db2 using dbengine.opendatabase, but don't know how to select the table.

AliyuKatsina

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks. I have solved the problem by using the tabledef.openrecorset method. thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom