Trusted Location and SandboxMode Hell..o (1 Viewer)

Jacqui

Local time
Yesterday, 17:34
Hi,
Hoping someone can help me with an Access 2010 runtime (accdr) front end file on my client's Windows7 machines. This application relies on MACROS (NOT my preference, but what I was handed), and in order for it to run properly I resorted to installing Access 2010 in order to create a Trusted Location for the FE file, and for good measure, also the BE files. In regedit, I've set the SandboxMode to "2". With this complete, the application runs fine. BUT THEN after a few days, my client reports that they start getting the "Sandbox" error message again. I check the setting in regedit, and a...hmmmm, it has reset itself back to "3"!!!! The trusted location remains intact. I reset the SandboxMode back to "2", then a few days later....same thing.
I'm flummoxed. Any suggestions most welcome!

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 00:34
If you have installed Access 2010 there is no need to use .accdr. Try renaming it back to accde or accdb.

I've never used the sandbox in connection with Access so not sure of the relevance (unless you have a SQL Server BE) and never had a problem with running Access 2010 on Windows 7.

Jacqui

Local time
Yesterday, 17:34
Thanks, CJ_London. My Client's requirement is to deploy as runtime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom