Access full version or Access Runtime version for deploying the front-end? (1 Viewer)

docxyz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:07
Hi every one, before splitting my database how to decide which is better to install on client PCs, Microsoft Access full version or Microsoft Access Runtime? Please help me to decide and till me if one of them has benefits over the other, my database program is used for recording visits in customer service section in a hospital, dealing with average of 300 visits per day, including advanced search options and statistics, at the beginning there will be twe client PCs running the front-end, may be 3 or 4 in the future.
Please give me your advice and your experience about this issue.
Thank you.

Yahya

Futures_Bright

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:07
I'm not an expert by any means, but If all the machines that will use the database have Access installed I would go for Access Full version myself. If I remember/understand it correctly the run-time is useful when it is to be downloaded and used by a multitude of users who may not have access installed - so this requires installing on their machine (some users won't have the permission) and I imagine limits the functionality (possibly just removing the design ability - not sure off the top of my head).

docxyz

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:07
I'm not an expert by any means, but If all the machines that will use the database have Access installed I would go for Access Full version myself. If I remember/understand it correctly the run-time is useful when it is to be downloaded and used by a multitude of users who may not have access installed - so this requires installing on their machine (some users won't have the permission) and I imagine limits the functionality (possibly just removing the design ability - not sure off the top of my head).

Yup, Runtime removes the design and editing abilities of front-end, is there any other benefits regarding faster performance of the program for example or regarding security?
Thank you Future Bright for your response.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom