Question Runtime error 3326 (1 Viewer)

Ottoman

Local time
Today, 16:29
I have created an Access 2013 db with some customized forms...mainly used macros for opening and closing forms and setting TempVars. Split the db and created an executable front end (accde). Works great on my PC even in a simulated runtime mode (accdr). loaded 2013 runtime version of Access on another PC in the office and loaded the front end piece on their desktop. Application opens fine, can open a few windows, looks normal, then when I am opening a particular window I get a macro error 3326, select StopAllMacros and then next error message is "Can't carry out this action at the present time." Close the error and the application closes.

I had the office IT admin login to the PC and tried the app and there is no issues...so we added the PC user (that wasn't working) to the Administrators group assuming it may be a permission issue, but when the PC user is logged in we still get the error.

I believe the stopping point is when the app is opening a form and is trying to put a TempVar variable value into a field on the form that is opening, essentially passing a variable to the opening form.

Any ideas on what would cause this issue? :banghead:

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Remember that references are stored in the registry. If there is a reasonable way to test this, see what references are selected for the troubled user vs. your situation where the problem does not exist. Even though Access might be the same from system to system, if there are differences in registry settings (which is perfectly possible when dealing with two different systems), that might cause a problem. Wouldn't have expected that particular error, though...

I also have run across situations where there is an implied RESET of code after an error where you click an option to stop execution. That reset can de-instantiate certain code segments, which means that global variables from various module declaration areas won't be there either. Since you are mucking about with variables, your best bet is to try to set a breakpoint there and use an immediate or locals window to examine what variables are actually visible at that moment. The problem might be that the form (destination of the copy) is not visible yet, but it might also be that the variable (source of your operation) is no longer visible due to an error or other deinstantiation of the variable.

Ranman256

Local time
Today, 17:29
SOME actions cannot be done in runtime. I found this out too.
Since you cannot debug-macros, nor code in runtime,
If you are SURE that's the error point, it could be 1 of the issues I mentioned in the 1st line above.

if not,
you must write to a 'trace' file all the steps the code hit to find the culprit.
a custom function to clear the file, and write to the file.

Ottoman

Local time
Thank you for the input...sounds like a lot of trial and error in my future...I appreciate the ideas to help narrow the issue down.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you are using macros to do certain things like copy variables from point A to point B, you could do this via a function subroutine (if the variables are globally visible) and do it via a RunCode MACRO step. Then you can put a breakpoint in the code to see what is visible and what isn't.

Don't forget that you can ALSO in many cases convert macros to VBA code, which makes the code susceptible to breakpoints. You get better visibility and management of errors when dealing with code anyway.

Ottoman

Local time
Good ideas...

I actually tried the app as a user on another PC in the office...and it is working fine. I am assuming then there must be a setting difference between PC within the office, so we are doing some troubleshooting to see where those differences lie...if we can't find it easily, then I may need to adjust the code to see if that helps us identify what issue we are experiencing. Your suggestions will help if I need to go to that level. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom