Religious Debate (1 Viewer)

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:44
NG, we are similar in that respect. I was raised as a Methodist but went through a major family problem that forced me to re-read the Bible looking for solace, for answers, for comfort that I never found. The platitudes answered NOTHING and the deeper I looked for meaning, the less meaning I found. I came to realize a very important distinction. The Bible doesn't tell us about God. It tells us stories told by people who believed in God, but they had no more proof that we do today. It is stories by and about believers. One might as well consider the Harry Potter series as the "Bible" of those who believe in the Hogwarts variety of magic and miracles.

I married a devout Catholic. We love each other and have been together over 23 years. We just don't debate religion. I watch my language. It isn't blasphemy to me since there is nothing to blaspheme, but it still makes her unhappy so I try to watch it. On the other hand, when I'm driving by myself, certain idiot drivers get the full benefit of a vocabulary acquired over a period of 70 years.

My view on "higher power" is that unless you include laws of nature as "higher powers" then there is nobody turning the crank. The Earth keeps on spinning solely on momentum. (Figurative speaking, of course.)

Leo_Coroneos

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:44
Yeah, I hate to be the one to point it out, but the religious trolls are often worse than their non-religious counterparts. However, *I* am religious--I'm a Pagan! I just don't try to force it down others' throats, but considering how many of my extended family are "Yoga hypocrites" or those than sit on the fence and don't make up their minds decisively as to where they stand, it might pay to be more explicit about my beliefs.

I know of and have known white witches and black witches, and they are fascinating women, they make womanhood something awe-inspiring. Yet, I turned away at least three very sexy young women in Canberra, ACT due to their lack of morals. I don't feel like my life is incomplete without a girlfriend, but female company of the "artful" variety is often fascinating and hypnotic enough for me to be on the look-out for a "dark girl." I feel that this would complement my Paganism admirably, to add a bit of sex to the matter.

Religion and sex seem like incompatibles to many, but to me they are inseparable factors.

(Now playing on my laptop: Cradle of Filth, Cryptoriana, "The Seductiveness of Decay")

Leo_Coroneos

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:44
Islam was merely a schism from Judaism just as Christianity was a more recent schism from Judaism.

Nay, my good man, I believe that Christianity's schism from Judaism pre-dated that of Islam's by some seven or eight centuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom