Emergency Email Alert Program (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoSmoke

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:53
Those who live alone, especially we older ones, who do not have regular contact with someone on a daily basis may want to have some form of automatic notification system in place to transmit a request for help in case they become incapacitated and are unable to reach or use a phone. It is with that in mind I wrote an Access 2010 program to send one to three emails at a specified time of the day if the user does not perform a simple timer "reset" before the prescribed email send time. In this way, the intended email recipients will receive an email only if a situation arises and, hopefully that will never happen in the normal course of events.

The user can specify:
. one to three email addresses
. the email subject
. the email contents
. the hour of the day the email(s) will be sent
. an email repeat interval (in case the first email(s) are not responded to)
. a reminder beep interval (# of hours before the email send time that the program will beep periodically to remind the user to do the "reset")

The "reset" can be performed by simply clicking on the "reset" button at which point the "email send time" will be bumped by one day or, if the program is in the foreground, a simple move of the mouse wheel will do the same (useful if monitor is off).

Note that it is necessary to keep one's PC on continually for this to work as intended or, one can place the PC is sleep mode when not being otherwise used and set up a Windows Task Scheduler instance that will wake the PC at a suitable interval before the email send time (which is what I did).

Note there may well be similar programs available elsewhere but I did a Google search first and was unable to find anything. If you do not have a better alternative, use this program if you wish but it is supplied here "as is" and there are no guarantees as to program suitability or reliability.

Please let me know if any questions or comments.

Attachments

• Emergency Email Alert.accdb
    432 KB · Views: 1,409
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom