Advanced filter (1 Viewer)

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:15
I imported Excel to Access but lost all Conditional Formatting - so Access is not helpful now. In Excel, I have a baseball card collection entered, player by player, and each row has 10 possible column prices based on card conditions. In Excel, I have a yellow cell background highlight - one per card/row - which is the UNDER THE COLUMN PRICE which I have determined to be the closest for the condition of each card.

I would like to SELECT all details (Columns A-O) of every row WHERE the yellow highlighted cell is >10.

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:15
importing imports data, not formatting. Try filtering your excel on the color, copy to a new worksheet and import that. You can probably create a macro in Excel to do the filter and copy.

Otherwise you are into complex vba code to open the spreadsheet, inspect every cell for formatting status and then import the row if required based on the value.

dcavaiani

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:15
I started a Macro/code to select certain columns and paste into new sheet. Then, I repeated the code with all of the same identifying columns selected and then the "next" different price column selected. However, I'm not sure how the 2nd Copy MUST add the 2nd selection range at the BOTTOM of the 1st range selection. However, the 2nd selection replaces the 1st selection rather than adding the rows right AFTER the 1st rows selected/pasted.
Code:
Sub Macro1()
'
' Macro1 Macro
' Macro recorded 2/24/2017 by donc
'
' Keyboard Shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+M
'
    Range("A7:F502").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Sheet1").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Sheets("59TOBASE").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    ' ActiveWorkbook.Save
    Range("A7:E502,G7:G502").Select
    Selection.Copy
    Sheets("Sheet1").Select
    ActiveSheet.Paste
    Sheets("59TOBASE").Select
    Application.CutCopyMode = False
    ActiveWorkbook.Save
End Sub

Last edited:

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:15
regret I am not an excel guru but looks like you need to go to a different column

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom