Auto -repair an encrypted Access database using VBA (or other method) (1 Viewer)

Arie&Co

Local time
Today, 18:25
At our office multiple users located at worldwide sites do use a certain shared Access database.
This database is set up as a backend database and all communication is performed via SQL commands using an Excel frontend.
Sometimes the database becomes in “inconsistent state”, which can be repaired easily by opening the database (in runtime mode) and let Access do the repair. Since the database is encrypted using a password this semi-manual repair can only be done by an admin.

Because the admin is not 7x24 available, I like to set up an auto recovery which can be started when the database is detected in inconsistent state.

I am looking for a VBA script to repair an inconsistent encrypted database without applying manual actions.
Unfortunately, still without success...

So, is there a way to repair an encrypted database just by using VBA (or any other method)?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:25
sounds like your trying to put a band-aid on a bigger problem. That error may be associated with corruption. Since you indicate connections from worldwide sites i assume your not using a Lan. Are you connecting via the internet?

Arie&Co

Local time
Yep, all users will be connected to this Access 2010 database via the internet.

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:25
Yep, all users will be connected to this Access 2010 database via the internet.

Access does not work well on slow connections such as internet. What you have happening is corruption and automating Repair is not a solution.

One of the easiest ways to make Access work in this situation is by using Remote Desktop. This way the front end is running on the server and the connection to the back end is fast.

Arie&Co

Local time
Thanks! I will try the remote desktop option and let you know our experiences.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom