Modified Date in a Table (1 Viewer)

teric2

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:51
Is there a way to have a modified date field in a table that would update any time a particular record was edited in any way?
I have a backend with several front ends linked to it and want to know whenever someone changes data in any of the fields of a record. Is there a way to set something in a fields properties in the design of the table to do this?

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What info exactly do you want to record?
Who changed what on What Date/Time?
Old Value and New Value?
What if someone deletes the record?

What version(s) of Access is involved?

Related info for review

Last edited:

teric2

Registered User.
Local time
It's Access 2010. All I want to record is a date and time the record was modified. Don't care about user. Don't need to know what was changed or If they delete. Just if the record was modified/edited.

Thanks for responding!

jdraw

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Do all changes to records occur through Forms?
Can you post a copy of a sample (representative) database-- just enough data to show the kind of info? Remove anything private.

You might get some ideas from this post on Audit Trail, but it is more extensive than your current requirement.

HiTechCoach

Local time
Today, 11:51
Is there a way to have a modified date field in a table that would update any time a particular record was edited in any way?
I have a backend with several front ends linked to it and want to know whenever someone changes data in any of the fields of a record. Is there a way to set something in a fields properties in the design of the table to do this?

Access has added a data macros to the AACE/ACCDB format. I have not tried them but it might do what you want at the table level.

See:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/ff973807(v=office.14).aspx

Last edited:

teric2

Registered User.
Local time
Do all changes to records occur through Forms?
Can you post a copy of a sample (representative) database-- just enough data to show the kind of info? Remove anything private.

You might get some ideas from this post on Audit Trail, but it is more extensive than your current requirement.

No, not all changes occur through forms. That's is why I'm looking for something in the table design.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom