Linking Access application to Azure Cloud (1 Viewer)

PaulA

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:20
Greetings -

We are needing to move our back-end Access database to the cloud. We don't, theoretically need to move our front-end application, although we do need for such a configuration to be HIPAA compliant. We currently use Access 2013 and 2016.

If I linked the FE database to Azure on the cloud, would it pass HIPAA muster for data encryption and security?

If anyone knows any links to obtain further information, they would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

Paul

HiTechCoach

Local time
Yesterday, 20:20
Greetings -

We are needing to move our back-end Access database to the cloud. We don't, theoretically need to move our front-end application, although we do need for such a configuration to be HIPAA compliant. We currently use Access 2013 and 2016.

If I linked the FE database to Azure on the cloud, would it pass HIPAA muster for data encryption and security?

If anyone knows any links to obtain further information, they would be appreciated as well.

Thanks.

Paul

Paul,

Not sure what yu mean by "Azure on the cloud".

Azure is a platform with that provides many solutions.

My guess is that you want to upsize your back end to an SQL Server hosted on Azure. That wat you can link your Access front end to the SQL Server "in the cloud".

Is that what you are asking about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom