Combo box values mixture of table and values? (1 Viewer)

gpeirce

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:33
I have a need to produce a report based on a combo box of Nurse's names. However, I also want to be able to produce the same report for every Nurse.

Is there a way to populate the combo box with a table of names PLUS the value field with the word "All"? My form VBA can figure out what to do with the "all" once it's invoked.

Thank you!

gpeirce

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:33
Thank you, Uncle. It occurred to me today that a union would do the trick.

That's a nice offer to post Youtube videos of solutions. I may take you up on that. I'm an OLD mainframe programmer that did just about any kind of program in SQL. Transferring to Access has been quite a jolt!

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 11:33
I'm an OLD mainframe programmer that did just about any kind of program in SQL. Transferring to Access has been quite a jolt!

It's very difficult to learn a new programming language. I sometimes dable in Python and JavaScript. At the moment I am looking at Kotlin.

I struggle with the apparently simplest things. I do have one advantage over other learners, in that my experience with VBA means I am pretty good at devising methods to suss out what I'm doing wrong, a bit like bug tracing.

In other words I don't often meet a brick wall, I just find it a struggle to climb up the learning slope. And it's not just programming languages, I'm currently struggling with Spanish!

When answering a question here on AWF, in the past I have thought, why are they struggling with that, it's so simple. It's only when you become a beginner again yourself that you realise it's not simple.

That's why I like doing the videos, a concept is difficult to see in text, but in a video you can present it more like a lecturer in college.

Frankly it's much easier to "Show" than try and write out an essay explaining it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom