Change the path of a linked spreadsheet (1 Viewer)

rplohocky

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 20:33
I have spent hours trying to find out how to change the path to a spreadsheet that I have linked with a DB in access 2010. Either its impossible or no one has ever had this problem.

I used the DB wizard to create a new DB. I chose to link the DB to my excel spreadsheet in My Documents folder. Now that its done I need to save it to a jump drive and move it to another PC. I am trying to figure out where, if possible, I can change the path to the spreadsheet so my linked DB sees it on the new PC.

Any ideas?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:33
Right click on any table in the Navigation pane and choose the Linked Table Manager. Select the linked spreadsheet, "Always Prompt for new location" and Ok.

rplohocky

Registered User.
Local time
Right click on any table in the Navigation pane and choose the Linked Table Manager. Select the linked spreadsheet, "Always Prompt for new location" and Ok.

Yea, I tried that but I get a pop up saying "the wizard you requested is not installed or is in a bad state. Please install or reinstall the wizard."

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 02:33
Can happen after an error
Close & reopen Access
If necessary do a compact & repair

rplohocky

Registered User.
Local time
Can happen after an error
Close & reopen Access
If necessary do a compact & repair

Thanks but still no go. I clicked on the compact & repair but it doesn't seem to do anything. I am very new at Access just so you know.

JamesStewart250

Local time
Yesterday, 18:33
Thanks but still no go. I clicked on the compact & repair but it doesn't seem to do anything. I am very new at Access just so you know.

If "Compact and Repair" utility will not work for you, then try a third party solution, like Kernel for Access database recovery software. It will defiantly help you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom