Form to search using and/or parameters (1 Viewer)

doobybug1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:15
Hi,

I am planning to have a form that acts as a query to search my table. I was thinking of doing the multiple fields and give the option to search by one or multiple fields along with the option to choose whether they want an AND criteria or an OR criteria. Ex: Search by name and surname
Search name or surname

Any ideas how I can achieve this? Maybe you can link me to an example?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:15
I have produced 3 YouTube playlist's which cover this topic in detail, from a very basic perspective right up to a very nice advanced form that you can use in your database. This video Building Advanced Search Criteria 0 shows a demonstration of what you can build if you follow the instructions.

The playlists are:-

MS Access - Building Search Criteria

MS Access - Building Advanced Search Criteria

Microsoft Access - Easy Search Criteria

And this is a Search Form that I will be Selling Shorty --- Nifty Access - Search Form

MrHans

Local time
Today, 19:15
Hi Uncle Gizo, I have been watching your Advanced Search Criteria videos and you are using some very nice functions. Are these available for download anywhere?

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:15
Hi Uncle Gizo, I have been watching your Advanced Search Criteria videos and you are using some very nice functions. Are these available for download anywhere?

Hi Hans I can do better than that!

I have a Search Form which I sell as a product normally for $25 I'd be glad to give you a copy for free, however I would like something in exchange!

There's a set of videos demonstrating how to setup and modify the search form here:- http://www.niftywordpress.co.uk/nifty-access-search-form/

Don't take too much notice of that site as it's a staging area where I am planning and constructing my new website. (when I have the time)

If you would be good enough to provide me with a testimonial I will forward the Search Form to you. I will need your permission to use the testimonial on my websites and other marketing material. If possible I would like to show a testimonial with a picture something like those on this website here:- http://optinmonster.com/9-customer-testimonial-examples-that-you-can-use-on-your-website ... Now as to the testimonial itself. I don't want you to elaborate, if you don't like my stuff then say so! (I probably won't publish it but feedback is important...) If you haven't got the time to write anything let me know. If you don't want to do a testimonial, then that's fine too just let me know, as there are several alternative ways you can help me.

Attachments

• SearchFormBig_1.PNG
    SearchFormBig_1.PNG
    23.7 KB · Views: 184
Last edited:

doobybug1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:15
yes please it would be my pleasure...that would really really help

MrHans

Local time
Today, 19:15
Good idea! I guess that's the very least I can do in return. Shall I send you a pm with my mail address?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom