Access Runtime and One access database updated from Excel (1 Viewer)

jaryszek

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:10
Hello Guys,

in my company as some of you know there is only one license of Access and this license I have.

I would like to ask you about Access model.

I want to create split database and have FE with Access Runtime and back-end with access only for me (access full)

As administrator of Model(not me - man from business) have only Excel the query from Access will be created and all data will be downloaded from Access database (dynamic connection)

Problem is that i would like to update also Access BE using Excel interface.
So for example to change status within Ticket in Excel.

How can i do that?

I know that there is adob.connection and i can loop throw all rows in Excel and uptade rows in Access table but it is the fastest way?

Please help,
Best Regards,
Jacek Antek

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 11:10
Why not give the other person a runtime install and suitable FE to perform the update.

No licence required, and you can easily control what they can and can't get to and change.

jaryszek

Registered User.
Local time
Hmm thank you Minty.

Maybe it is the best solution.
I was wondering how for example to change status for multiple rows in Excel and i know the solution (Filter and do an update for each row with macro button)

In Access how can i do it ?

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Normally you would use an Update query with suitable criteria.
You may want to build a continuous form, and include an update check box or similar on the form.

You could use a multiselect list box, and select the records you want to update. You could simply update records which have suitable date records or not in them.

There are many ways to achieve a similar result.

jaryszek

Registered User.
Local time
Normally you would use an Update query with suitable criteria.
You may want to build a continuous form, and include an update check box or similar on the form.

You could use a multiselect list box, and select the records you want to update. You could simply update records which have suitable date records or not in them.

There are many ways to achieve a similar result.

Minty thank you,

what do you mean saying normally? In Access Runtime you cant use queries?

Jacek

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Sorry I just meant that really there isn't any single one way to do what you want.
Access has many "Different ways to skin a cat"

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 05:10
Access runtime can run queries from behind the scenes in macros, forms, and even from reports if required. The issue is that with Runtime, you have to build control forms so that you have buttons or other ways to trigger events such as running update queries or other stuff like that, because you really don't want to expose the inner workings of the database in an Access Runtime setup.

jaryszek

Registered User.
Local time
Thank you The_Doc_Man.
I will do that like you said :)

Jacek

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom