Append query to receive distributed result (1 Viewer)

azeeshan

Local time
Today, 03:43
I am developing a database for a warehouse, I want to make an append query that keep repeating itself until a certain condition is met.

For example, I receive bulk quantity shipment in our warehouse and then we palletize them according to the packing type. I want to have following transactions
S.No Item Code Quantity Rcvd
1 A112550 145 cases

suppose A pallet is made with 40 cases, than upon executing of query, I want to receive result on subform as below;
s.no Item code Qty pallet
1. A112550 40 1
2. A112550 40 1
3. A112550 40 1
4. A112550 25 1

Hope I have explained my query requirement clear. If append query is not workable then VB code will also be welcome.

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 06:43
Good morning azeeshan,

It is difficult to answer this question directly without knowing a little more about how your tables are set up/structured.

Your output could be achieved with a simple equation or a For/Each Loop depending on the type of display you desire. You mention a sub-form but I think maybe you meant a sub-report as part of a main form?

At any rate, before you go any further, the underlying constant is sound tables. Can you provide some info on those?

azeeshan

Local time
Today, 03:43
Dear friend,

let me simplify, suppose i want distribute 15 cookies into the children of GroupA and any child can be given max 6 cookies. Thus upon distribution 2 children will have 6,6 cookies and one will have 3. thus no matter what quantities of cookies i have, it should be automatically distributed one by one 6 each and last one get rest.

I have 3 tables. One table make formA and rest of the tables make subform1 and subform2 within FormA.

FormA contains A_ID(PK) and Date() field, subform1 has 3 fields, A_ID(Fk), Group, qty(quantities of cookies) , subform2 has 4 fields A_ID(FK), Group, Qty, Child

so when i insert data into subform1, such as Group = A, Qty = 15 then upon execution of append query i automatically have 3 rows filled as follows

Group = A, Qty = 6, Child = 1

Group = A, Qty = 6, Child = 1

Group = A, Qty = 3, Child = 1

and it stops, once quantity is ended. FYI, qty will never be decimal.

regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom