Update textbox with local variable (1 Viewer)

JahJr

Andy
Local time
Today, 11:34
I'm using Access 2010 and making a web database for sharepoint. This is my first time with this and with the elimination of many of the features i'm use to it is taking longer than I expected.

I have a table with Employees listed in it. That table has a check box field for Active or Inactive employees. I have a query that returns the active employees.
I have a userform with a combo box populated from the active employee query. This userform has several combo boxes:
cboBartender1,cboBartender2.....
Next to each combo boxe i have a text box:
txtBartender1Tip, txtBartender2Tip.....
Next to each textbox i have 2 check boxes, 1 for open and 1 for close. I have the form set where only 1 check box in the open column can be checked at a time and the same for the close column.
I have 2 more text boxes that I plan on hiding when i can get this to work, txtOpenEmployee, txtCloseEmployee.
the open check box next to Bartender1 has a after update event, which says if chkTip1 is True then set property local variable "localOpenEmployee" to cboBartender1.
the default value for txtOpenEmployee is =[LocalVars]![localOpenEmployee].
I have the controlsource for txtOpenEmployee set to Tips.OpenEmployee.
I've tried to requery txtOpenEmployee and I cant get it to post to the table. The userform has a Ok button at the bottom that post all the data to the Tips table. When I click the ok button it post the name in the txtOpenEmployee text box and then the user form closes, as it should. The txtOpenEmployee name does not make it to the tips table.

Let me know if you need any more information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom