Hi from Aus (1 Viewer)

Leo_Coroneos

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:26
G'day everyone! The name's Leo, and I live in Albany, Western Australia... of course, this is part of the British Commonwealth so I will probably feel more at home on these forums than the ones which utilise US English, e.g. Stack Overflow.

Moving on, I completed what is known as a Certificate IV in Information Technology in July of this year. One of the critical units in our last semester was to use MS Access to design databases. I liked it so much that I decided to go into business after leaving school, though I could've gone on to do my Diploma of IT the next semester. The Diploma of IT just contains more of the same subject matter, only it's implemented differently--apparently their main project is to design the online helpdesk for TAFE this year.

My up-and-coming business is called Database Design Solutions, and I am currently working on an Accounts and Orders database for a client. I am just about to post a question regarding forms and orders.

It's great to see an entire forum dedicated to Microsoft Access. Keep up the good work, guys.

Aussie regards,
LC.

Last edited:

Leo_Coroneos

Registered User.
Local time
Just made a quick edit on the advice of a mod. Thanks mate.

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Yesterday, 18:26
Welcome and g'day Leo!

Leo_Coroneos

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks Paul, and pleased to meet you!

I'm sure I'll have a great time on these forums, all the threads and posts I've read so far seem so intuitive and positive. Just about to post my question in the Reports section, hopefully I'll get the right replies to send me in the right direction. :)

Leo_Coroneos

Registered User.
Local time
I'm keen to show you guys the databases we designed in our Certificate IV course in IT at SR TAFE, Albany WA. One of them was for a company called Grove Securities, and the other was for a fictitious company called Great Bay Marina. I'm attaching the screen snips of the database switchboards, I think they turned out well enough. (I passed the course anyway, so there...)

So yeah, check 'em out!

Attachments

• Switchboards.zip
    126.8 KB · Views: 79

Leo_Coroneos

Registered User.
Local time
I used to troll the Metal Throne forums, where everyone was fair game for insults and slander. Not something I feel adds to my credentials, I just thought I'd point it out.

I seem to be making quite a stir on these forums so far... you know, I'm just here to learn and hopefully contribute a bit too. Will do my best to be polite and respectful; we all need to make a living, after all, and I am dedicating myself to database design because I like it a lot so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom